Honey’s Potato Salad
This salad is a hit for outdoor events like a Solstice celebration, or a BBQ, or simply for a picnic for our guests. It is easy to put together and the potatoes can be cooked the night before. Also, we often have cooked bacon left from breakfast.
Scrub and place in large (5-8 qt.) pot:
- 5 lbs Yukon Gold or red potatoes – leave skins on
Simmer about 45 minutes until tender
Saute until lightly browned:
- 1 lb Applewood smoked non-nitrate bacon, sliced
Dice and/or chop until there are 3-4 cups of following veggies:
- 1 bunch green onions (scallions)
- 1 large or 2 small red bell peppers
- 8-10 ribs of celery
- Optional additions include grilled asparagus, black olives, cherry tomatoes
Dice potatoes and bacon into large bowl after cooling and draining.
Add veggies to potatoes and bacon
Add gradually to taste:
- 2 cups Ranch dressing, bottled or home-made (Note: you may not need all 2 cups depending on the textures of different potatoes)
Cover and chill the potato salad about 1 hour. It will last 4-5 days when refrigerated.